FutureofAir Traffic Management The purpose of this research project was to ensure that the ASTRAEA programme is suitably aligned with the progression of Air Traffic Management in the UK and can develop technologies compatible with future ATM systems and services.
The report concentrates on, but is not be limited to, the next decade of ATM in the UK. The consideration of European, US and other initiatives were also considered.
We have researched and reported on the development of:
• The impact and adoption of Automatic Dependent Surveillance Broadcast (ADS-B) including services such as TIS-B/FIS-B
• Current and future Mode S requirements
• The impact and adoption of Controller Pilot Data Link Communications (CPDLC)
• Four-Dimensional Trajectory Based Operations
• Communications, Navigation and Surveillance Technologies